2009년 1월 17일 토요일

My name is...

Hello. I'm here as usual. Today's expression is "My name is."

I will give a dialogue. If you know how to read Korean, you can learn easily.

------------
류 : 안녕하세요? (ah nyung ha se yo?)

Ciara : 안녕하십니까? (an nyung ha sip ni gga?)

류 : 만나서 반갑습니다. 제 이름은 류입니다. (man na seo bangapsupnida. Je yirumun Ryu ipnida.)

Ciara : 네. 저도 반갑습니다. 제 이름은 씨에라입니다.
(Ne. Jeodo bangapsupnida. Je yirumun Ciara yipnida.)

-------------

Ryu : Hello?
Ciara : Hello?
Ryu : Nice to meet you. My name is Ryu.
Ciara : Ah~ Nice to meet you, too. I'm Ciara.

---------------


# Expressions
Hello = 안녕하십니까 = 안녕하세요 = 안녕
Nice to meet you = 만나서 반갑습니다. = 반갑습니다.
My name is OOO = 제 이름은 OOO 입니다.

# Words
meet = 만나다.
my = 저의 = 제 = 나의
name = 이름
is = 입니다.

# Grammar
만나서 is meant to show your reason that you did or have done.
English word order is subjective, verb, and objective. In Korean, however, the word order is subjective, objective, and verb. (Eng : S+V+O, Kor : S+O+V)

-----------------------------
#. BONUS!!!

I will put this sentence "This is a bag."
"a bag" is said "가방[gabang]" in Korean.
"This" is said "이것은" as well.

Analyze the sentence "This is a bag. "
이것은 (This) - Subjective
입니다 (is) - Verb
가방 (a bag) - Objective

As I wrote, Korean order is subjective, objectictive, and verb. Thus!!
you should think like this.
(this) - (a bag) - (is). = (이것은) (가방) (입니다.)


------------------------

# More~

Now, you know "this" is "이것은". How do korean say "that" and "it"?

- this = 이것은 [yigussun]
- that = 저것은 [geogussun]
- it = 그것은 [gugussun]

Now you can change the sentence "this is a bag" to "that is a bag" or "it is a bag."

---------------------------

# Excercise. Change the sentences to Korean.

1. That is a book. (a book = 책[chaeck])
_________________________

2. This is my dog. (a dog = 개[gae])
_________________________

3. It is a car. (a car = 차[cha])
_________________________

댓글 없음: